1. Camels are smelly creatures that make strange noises when you sit on them.
It’s much, much higher and scarier than it looks. They look so cute and romantic in movies but they’re totally unfriendly in real life. Hmpf.
2. Ice cream at tourist hotspots cost 4 (freaking) USD!
But it was goooood. Got this particular ice cream from the Luxor Temple.
3. Egyptian fare is pretty damn good!
Which was way better than the pseudo-Chinese fare they served on Day 7 that gave practically the entire tour group diarrhoea.
4. Visiting my friend Tutankhamun.
A most hospitable chap, I must say. Greatly recommended. Lovely interior furnishings and all.
5. Crazy salespeople dudes who yell VERY CHEAP ONLY FIFTY POUND FIFTY POUND! and throw things at your cruise ship window when they see u peer out to observe the commotion.
I didn’t buy anything. Wahahaha.
6. Horse carriages with number plates. Macaim motorcar!
7. Galabaias, and the view from the Nile cruise.
p.s. I wasn’t actually wearing a galabaia. It was some jingly dunnowhatthing that made my brains dissolve every time I jangled. for example of galabaia, pls ref my godma on far left. :D
p.p.s. don’t you think my mom looks like benazir bhutto?!
8. The Egyptian sun
9. Idyllic felucca rides.
Is be very romanticks one okays. :D
10. And what I liked best about Egypt: goofing around with le famille.